The aging process of the skin causes visible changes that everyone wants to try to delay as much as possible. The truth is that there is no way to completely avoid the deepening of expression lines or to reduce all wrinkles. However, there are many options to reduce them with the right skincare, technologies, and actives. Thanks to the advances made each year in the beauty industry, it has become much easier to maintain your youthful appearance. While botox and fillers are effective for some, many people prefer a less invasive solution. The good news is that there are more and more effective topical ingredients that can achieve similar results. In this article I would like to discuss one of these ingredients, Poly-L-lactic acid, here are the topics that will be discussed:
– What is Poly-L-lactic acid?
– The difference between poly-L-lactic acid and lactic acid
– The benefits of Poly-L-lactic acid
– Products we like that contain Poly-L-Lactic Acid
– The basics of Poly-L-lactic Acid
WHAT IS POLY-LACTIC ACID?
Poly-L-lactic acid, also known as PLLA, is a biodegradable and biocompatible polymer derived from lactic acid. PLLA can have different molecular weights, like hyaluronic acid. Because of its biocompatibility, this compound can dissolve completely in the human body, making it very versatile in modern medicine. In other words, your body’s immune system will not attack it. This is why it is found in dissolvable sutures, pins, plates, screws, and other surgical applications. Although its clinical use dates back more than 30 years, PLLA has only found its way into the aesthetic field in the last 15 years.
PLLA was first approved in 1999 for soft tissue augmentation to correct aesthetic imperfections such as wrinkles and scars. It was not until 2004 that the FDA approved its use in the United States. Since then, it has been used in procedures throughout the country under the name Sculptra. Like other dermal fillers, Sculptra injections fill the face’s hollow, sunken areas to give it a more youthful appearance. Under the right conditions, these PLLA injections even stimulate your skin’s ability to produce collagen.
While dermal fillers provide impressive results, they are not for everyone. If you’re looking for a topical solution with similar benefits, you’re in luck! It turns out that PLLA can regrow and smooth the appearance of skin without the need for injections. Clinical studies on the topical use of Poly-L-lactic acid, its overall safety and biocompatibility are very conclusive.
POLY-L-LACTIC ACID VS. LACTIC ACID
Since there is “lactic acid” in both names, most people think that the action on the skin is the same. As mentioned, PLLA is a polymer, which is a repeating chain of molecules with varying molecular weights while lactic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) and serves as a chemical exfoliant in skin care. However, they are both very useful in delaying skin aging, but have distinct functions.
THE BENEFITS OF PLLA
Regular use of PLLA comes with a number of lasting benefits. In the short term, this ingredient smoothes and plumps the skin, giving it a rejuvenated appearance and an undeniable glow to the complexion. With continued use, the increase in collagen production will slow cell damage and lead to improved skin elasticity and less wrinkles.
The face line most recognized for the quality of its PLLA grade is House of PLLA. This laboratory has developed a skincare line that includes 8 products for the skincare routine and 1 professional cabin treatment that includes a PLLA-infused hydrogen mask. Here are the flagship products of the line:
– CAVIPLLA Multi Serum: This serum uses a unique oxygen delivery system to infuse the skin with an impressive amount of essential antioxidants, fatty acids, amino acids and, of course, PLLA. This highly effective formula will have you achieving results fast. Pores are instantly reduced, skin texture is smoothed and fine lines and wrinkles are filled in for plumped up skin and a radiant complexion.
– STEM CELL Mist: This mist reactivates the oxygenation phase of Caviplla multiserum at any time during the day. Composed of PLLA and a cocktail of powerful extracts, this mist is like a facelift in a bottle.
– PROMOTER REPAIR CELL: Made with PLLA, growth factors, snail mucus filtrate and niacinamide, this deeply moisturizing formula nourishes skin and improves its texture. It also significantly reduces the appearance of fine lines. Plus, its unique, stringy texture makes it a pleasure to use!
– Hydravelvet PLLA Mask: This sheet mask is loaded with PLLA, adenosine, royal jelly extract and Centella Asiatica to boost hydration and plump skin for a fresh, vibrant glow.
POLY-LACTIC ACID REVIEW
Most of the discussion around Poly-L-Lactic Acid focuses on fillers. However, if you’re looking for a safe, cutting-edge skincare option, the House of PLLA facial line will meet your expectations!
B-Box Beauty is very pleased to offer this skincare line to the Canadian market. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-877-304-6687 and a member of our team will be happy to guide you.